Foundation coaching skills workshop
Over the last fifteen years, coaching has been increasingly recognised as a highly effective tool in talent development, staff retention and employee engagement. However we have found that relatively few managers and leaders fully understand how to use coaching most powerfully within their role, and our foundation coaching skills workshop aims to address this.
About the workshop
This workshop is a training programme where participants learn the core models and techniques of high quality coaching. They also study the theoretical underpinnings behind coaching, allowing their personal coaching practice to move beyond a mere management tool and become a mechanism for increased learning and higher performance.
Unlike many other introductory coaching programmes, our three-day module features a high level of leadership development. Coaching cannot achieve sustainable results unless it is rooted within a specific organisational context. For this reason, participants are challenged to examine their personal leadership style and find ways of integrating coaching into their daily responsibilities.
Our faculty will also encourage participants to explore the changes that they need to make in their own behaviour and actions, in order to both coach effectively and to sustain the development and learning of themselves and those they manage and
Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance from TPC Leadership on completion of the module. This certificate can then be used as a record and can be utilised for accredited prior learning for our professional coach development programmes.
Participants that are interested in achieving the EMCC EQA award at Foundation Level will be able to attain this by completing some coaching practice and providing evidence of their learning. This can be discussed on request, but it will always be our recommendation to ensure participants embed their learning.
Benefits of the course
By completing our three-day module participants will:
- develop core coach competencies
- understand the key skills and models for coaching and be able to apply these in a coaching relationship
- define coaching and understand the range of coaching styles
- understand the boundaries for a coaching relationship and how to contract effectively
- learn a variety of tools and techniques which will enable them to coach in a variety of contexts
- explore the importance of supervision within coaching
- learn to self reflect and appraise coaching capabilities to identify areas for personal development in coaching, and plan for new learning
Find out more
If you are interested in taking part in our foundation coaching skills workshop, please contact us today.