Master Coach Programme
“A new advanced coach training programme where participants can become exceptional practitioners.”
Our 'Master Coach Programme' is aimed at
- participants who have completed our EMCC-accredited Senior Coach Practitioner course
- participants who are studying for our MSc in Coaching and Development
- experienced accredited coaches who want to further develop their coaching practice.
To qualify for this programme an interview process is in place to assess potential participants.
Benefits of this programme
- Distinguishes you as a professional coach, working to rigorous and demanding standards
- Provides assurance for users/buyers of your coaching of your competence and ability
- Dramatically broadens and deepens your coaching capability
- Deepens your application of coaching psychology, systems theory and your team coaching capability
- Raises your personal credibility and professionalism
- Provides you with the latest and leading thinking from experts within the coaching industry and highly experienced practitioners that are leaders in their fields
- Demonstrates you are continually developing and always improving your coaching ability
- Raises the credibility and standards of our profession.
The course is approximately 12 months in length and involves:
- 5 workshops over 10 days
- 150 hours coaching practice (60 hours during this programme building on 90 hours of practice from Years 1 and 2).
- a practical coaching assessment
- 1-2-1 support from personal tutor
- undertaking co-supervision and group supervision
- undertaking reflective practice and relevant course work
- submission of a learning portfolio and written assignments to demonstrate your application of programme to your coaching practice
- access to online learning resources.
Note: modules are numbered from 9 up to reflect the fact that this course forms the third year of our three year coaching programme (and picks up from module 8 of the EMCC Senior Practitioner qualification). For those taking the course as a standalone programme, module 9 is the first instalment of the training. Find out more about routes of study here.
Module 9: Coaching and mindfulness
The aims of this experiential 2-day module are to help you:
- explore how a mindfulness practice can develop your emotional intelligence and presence as a coach
- understand the latest insights on mindfulness from neuropsychology and the reported benefits of a mindfulness practice
- learn techniques for presence, grounding and centring as coach
- learn and practice at least 3 mindfulness meditation practices.
Module 10: A Gestalt approach to coaching
In this 2-day module you will:
- find out the meaning of the word Gestalt
- learn about the Gestalt cycle or wave of awareness; the interconnections between that cycle and the Gestalt cycle of contact and withdrawal and the Gestalt cycle of figure and ground
- find out why awareness is a central feature of Gestalt
- find out how an individual actively (although unconsciously) organizes his / her field
- learn how to use experiments and experimental approaches to help coachees radically increase their awareness – especially their awareness in relationship to the life dilemmas they bring to coaching sessions
- learn how to describe an equal or horizontal coaching relationship and co-create such a relationship.
Module 11: Advanced embodied systemic coaching
In this 3-day module you will:
- learn to understand the field and the system and their place and relevance in systemic coaching
- become able to explain and fluently use all 4 ways of knowing and behaving within their individual coaching sessions (intuitive, emotional, embodied and cognitive / intellectual).
- learn how to practise each of the stages of the CLEAR model of systemic coaching (clarify & contract; layout; explore, experiment & embody; align; resolve & resource)
- practise embodied solution-focussed approaches to systemic coaching within individual coaching sessions
- use systemic approaches to explore the place and relationship of the coach or consultant to the organizational system
- begin to use systemic coaching and consulting to explore team issues within the context of team coaching
- learn how to interconnect more meaningfully with other members of the learning community and with the wider field.
Module 12: Advanced coaching teams and groups
In this 2-day module you will learn about:
- clarifying distinctions between team coaching and other team interventions
- consulting and contracting with the team
- working with mission, objectives, ways of working, roles, disciplines and values
- the Inner and outer game in team coaching
- models for team function, change and improvement
- development of team observation and intervention skills
- team coaching protocols and methodologies
- how to work with conflict constructively in team coaching
- the use of metaphors such as “team sculpting” for describing team processes and dynamics.
Coach integration day
On our coach integration day you will:
- be assessed on your current level of coaching capability
- participate in group supervision
- reflect on development throughout the programme, identifying key strengths and future focus for practitioner development including supervision
- review certification requirements.
This programme is delivered in the Roffey Park venue, in Sussex. Located near Horsham, it has excellent transport links to Gatwick Airport, London, Brighton and further afield.
Date and fees
If you have any further queries about our master coach programme, please contact us.