“Not finance. Not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and so rare.” - Patrick Lencioni
This online coaching course is aimed at our Alumni or experienced coaches (minimum qualification ILM Level 5 or 7 Certificates in Coaching or equivalent) who would like to be certified to use our team diagnostic tools within their team coaching programmes.
Why use a team diagnostic?
As with a 360 or any other personality-profiling tool, a team diagnostic is a starting point for a discussion, a way of providing a team with a common vocabulary and reference point to enable them to have conversations about their collective and individual performance and development. It enables the coach to facilitate a powerful and more objective team conversation about perceived strengths, areas of focus and potential blind spots that might otherwise not be possible.
The Team Performance Accelerators are a range of tools designed to help teams understand their strengths and weaknesses and improve their performance. The tools enable team coaches to focus the team’s attention on the areas that will make the biggest difference to their performance and provide a vehicle to track their progress along the way.
The Performance Accelerators are therefore used by leaders, teams and organisations who want to:
- benchmark and continually improve their performance.
- understand how the climate they create is impacting their performance over time.
- raise awareness that in turn delivers dramatic step change to the performance of teams
- create greater levels of ownership and commitment within their teams.
The Performance Accelerator model
At the heart of the Performance Accelerator range is research, fieldwork and empirical development data derived from over 20 years of work from leading practitioners including David McClelland, Richard Beckhard and Ed Schein. The underpinning model created from this research is the ‘5 Dimensions of performance’. These five dimensions are used to measure team climate and provide insight into:
- The clarity and relevance of the team’s GOALS.
- The clarity and deployment of ROLES and the effectiveness of the team’s leadership.
- The effectiveness of the team’s PROCESSES.
- The CULTURE; the orientations, level of accountability, trust and recognition within the team.
- CONNECTION; the extent to which people feel motivated by the goals and believe in themselves and the team.
How do the Performance Accelerators work?
The Team Performance Accelerator (TPA) and the Executive Team Accelerator (ETA) tools provide you with two comparative models that can be used at both the operational and senior management levels of your client’s business. The tools are completed using a concise confidential online questionnaire, which produces a comprehensive picture of the way a team is currently working and the factors that are impacting their performance. The ensuing discussion enables the team to recognise their strengths and start facing the issues that are reducing or preventing achievement enabling them to create an action plan and prioritise the key areas for improvement.
Team Performance Accelerator (TPA)
The Team Performance Accelerator (above) is made up of 16 elements based around the ‘5 Dimensions of Performance’ It is designed to help teams understand their climate, and create a measurable step change in performance. It keeps teams focused on the factors that deliver results and track their performance over time.
The Executive Team Accelerator (ETA)
The Executive Team Accelerator has 22 elements again based around the core ‘5 Dimensions of Performance’. The increase in the number of elements reflects those additional areas that an Executive Team would be responsible for and would not necessarily fall under the remit of an operational team; for example 'Talent Management' reflects the ability of the team to identify talent in the organisation with a view to succession planning.
Benefits of this certification
- Experiential and highly practical programme
- Intimate learning group restricted to 8 participants
- Provides you with diagnostic tools to make shifts in the performance and development of your client teams
- Provides assurance for users/buyers of your coaching of your competence and ability
- Develops your capability to utilise more formal development tools within your team coaching practice
- Raises your personal credibility and professionalism
- Provides you with the latest and leading thinking from experts within the coaching industry and highly experienced practitioners that are leaders in their fields
- Demonstrates you are continually developing and always improving your coaching ability
- Raises the credibility and standards of our profession.
The course is approximately 4 months in length and involves:
- 5 virtual workshops over 9 -hours of training
- Team coaching and diagnostic tools resources
- Fieldwork and practice of utilising TPA tools with one of your client teams
- 1-2-1 support from Personal Tutor
- Undertaking group supervision on the use of the tool
- Undertaking reflective practice and relevant course work
- Submission of a case study
- Certification to use the TPA tools.
Module 1: On-boarding session
- Overview of programme elements
- Forming virtual learning group
- Setting personal outcomes
- Briefing on fieldwork and practice requirements
- Identifying practice clients for TPA tool
- Certification requirements
Module 2: The use of tools within team coaching
- Using ‘informal’ and ‘formal’ team diagnostics during a team coaching intervention
- Facilitating team the feedback process and session
- Adult learning theory
- Contracting with the team and sponsors
- Supporting the leader
- Best practice
Module 3: The TPA tools
- Rationale and theory behind The Performance Accelerator tools
- The Performance Accelerators models
Module 4: Learning integration and supervision
- Group supervision
- Individual learning on fieldwork
The course is delivered via our virtual classroom platform, which provides an interactive forum. You will join via a weblink and you will require a webcam to fully participate.
If you are interested in booking a place on this course, just contact us today.